COMING SOON: Coupons&Coffee - new and improved!

Monday, May 3, 2010

Book Review: Plan B by Pete Wilson

Everyone has those moments where they're ultimately left wondering "Why did that happen to me?" and "Why isn't God fixing this mess?" Plan B: What do you do when God doesn't show up the way you thought He would? by Pete Wilson offers insight on how to cope when your original plan just doesn't work out. Wilson uses examples from his own life, friends' lives, and the Bible to illustrate how life can take unexpected (and often unwanted) turns and how God ultimately has a plan for us in difficult times.

A couple of years ago, I experienced my own “Plan B” moment when I was struggling to find even a part-time job straight out of grad school and my now ex-fiance cheated on me. I would've loved to have had Wilson's book when I was going through these "Plan B" moments. I'm pretty confident that it would've helped me, as I'm sure it will help others who read it.

Plan B is engaging, and it has a great conversational tone that makes it easy to relate to. Wilson does a good job of sharing his message without coming across as condescending or "preachy." I definitely recommend Plan B.

(Thank you to Thomas Nelson for providing me a copy of this book to read and review. I'm a member of Thomas Nelson's BookSneeze program.)

No comments: