COMING SOON: Coupons&Coffee - new and improved!

Friday, July 24, 2009

My $.10 trip to Kroger!

Total OOP: $.10 (one dime!!!)


E-coupons (the ones you load to a shoppers card from your computer) have always seemed like a tricky concept to me. Each week, I'd watch as some of my favorite bloggers would stack e-coupons with paper coupons to get some freaking sweet deals. Well....I'm happy to report that I finally got brave enough to try these things out for myself! Because I was a little hesitant about using e-coupons for the first time and wasn't sure how/if the overage would work, I decided to start small.

Here's the breakdown:

2 Lady Speed Stick deodorants - $1.50 each
= FREE

1 Speed Stick deodorant - $1.50
- Used $1.50 coupon from regional mailer
= FREE

3 Crest toothpastes - $1 each
- Used 2 $.50 coupons from insert (doubled to $1)
- Used 1 $.75 coupon from insert
= 3/$.25

1 Quaker Quakes - $.99
- Used $.50 coupon from sample (doubled up to $.99)
= FREE

Dentastix - $3.99
- Used $2.50 printable coupon
- Used $2.50 e-coupon from Shortcuts (These will stack with paper coupons.)
Total: $1.01 MONEYMAKER

Chex Mix - $1.99
- Used $.50 e-coupon from Shortcuts (e-coupons do not double)
= $.49

Subtotal: - $.27 (Love it when it's negative!)
Total OOP: $.10 (includes tax)
Total savings from sales and coupons: $25.31


It wasn't a huge trip, but I'm still pretty happy with the results!



*** Watch for an upcoming post on using e-coupons! ***



No comments: