COMING SOON: Coupons&Coffee - new and improved!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Book Review: From Peanuts to the Pressbox by Eli Gold


From Peanuts to the Pressbox by Eli Gold

There's no doubt about it: Eli Gold oozes passion for sports and sports broadcasting. From Peanuts to the Pressbox chronicles Gold's journey from a young boy selling peanuts at Madison Square Garden (his "free" ticket into sporting events) all the way to his present-day gig as the voice of the Crimson Tide. Along the way, Gold shares stories about some of the biggest names in sports and provides insight into what goes on behind the scenes in sports broadcasting.

As a Crimson Tide fan, I've listened to Gold for years, but I never knew anything about his past or how hard he worked to get where he is today. His inspiring story is one of hard work, determination, resourcefulness, and dedication. I couldn't help wanting to cheer him on while reading. From Peanuts to the Pressbox was an enjoyable read, and I could definitely hear Gold's "voice" in the writing. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this book to a fellow sports-enthusiast.

ROLL TIDE!

(Thank you to Thomas Nelson for providing this book for me to read and review. I'm a member of Thomas Nelson's Book Review Blogger program.)

No comments: